Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pasta Legs

Madeline had her first birthday and we replayed many events of what actually happened a year ago on May 31 - we went to Chick Fil A for lunch, went swimming and the kids and I took a bath together to mark her entry into the world in our bathtub at home. It was fun and special... As a sidenote, we went swimming at the Oil Ranch and look what we saw on our train ride! I nearly fell out of the train trying to get a good picture. We were far away and it was ASTONISHING!!
Julia recented (over a month ago) had her ballet recital. I did not partake in dance as a young child so it killed me, drove me bonzo that these kids can go up on stage, in full costume and NOT HAVE A CLUE what they are doing! I mean, they have been learning two dances since January and still, not memorized! I guess that's the way it is with 5 year olds but they were making me sweat and I was in the audience. But honestly, she was happy and we were proud of her.


The other day Julia said, "Mommy, Bryce has pasta legs..." Oh really? Why is that? "Because they are white and soft..."





This is recent! Today, the kids and I were eating breakfast on the porch and I noticed M (not yet fully walking at 14 months) fully engrossed in something. Her mouth looked full so in goes my finger and out comes a dried up earthworm. Ughhhh....

No comments: